Wednesday 4 March 2020

So.. I visited a cash machine.

I visited a cash machine to make a withdrawal. It told me a tale of thrift. Reducing my thermostat by one degree saves £90 a year. Or so it seems.


What if I were to turn off the storage heater in my living room. (I will keep the bedroom one switched on). Could this save £900 a year? I could have two weeks in the sun for this and earn close on 2000 Avios.

What if I were to cure my Type 2 diabetes by no longer eating out? This would let me cut down on carbs and eliminate sugars. The result would be weight loss without calorie counting, a longer life and £780 a year saved.

All I need to do is find another £380 in savings and I have £2000 to spend.

One warm luxury coat.
Two weeks in the sun.
Four weekends away.
Some very nice shirts.
A crate, maybe two of wine.

10,000 Avios (or thereabouts) earned.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate the comments for spam but welcome contrary viewpoints.