|A wonderful example of early modern simplicity and transparency. Just read the inscription and know what is due to you.|
Every unused object we own costs us £1 a year.
- This may seem surprising but let us imagine a spare bottle of shampoo sitting on the side of your bath. It is costing you money in all of the following ways.
- Depreciation- the product will deteriorate over time or become outdated.
- Capital costs- if you had not bought it then the money would have been used for other purposes.
- The object requires attention (dusting, sorting and so on). It becomes a time drain.
- Physical clutter often leads to mental clutter and stress. This leads to depression and loss of vital energies.