Tuesday 4 September 2018

First experiments in luxury.




Marks and Spencer
I spend on small luxuries to see if I can make them pay. If I can, I will have increased my living standard at no cost!
  • I visited Marks and Spencer for some picnic items. I thought I might justify this on time and convenience grounds (most is much cheaper in ALDI at home). I found this for the most part hard to do but spent £7 on two haves of a cooked chicken and some olives which should last me two days.
  • I earned 70 loyalty points in this transaction which is only meaningful because of self imposed target I have set myself of 2000 loyalty points a month. The stunning total of 1p was raised for the Royal British Legion at the same time.
  • I then looked for a place to eat it and found a covered roof garden cum shopping street approximately above the first photo.
Westfield Stratford,
  • I sat here surrounded by foliage and fresh air and yet still protected from rain. Furthermore, there was free WiFi.
  • I do my best work in places such as this. Offices send me to sleep with their recirculated air.
On the whole I count the experiment a failure. Marks and Spencer give a lot of points but they have no clear cash value. I can do better by buying food in cheaper places and taking it with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate the comments for spam but welcome contrary viewpoints.