Thursday 12 December 2019

More James Bond please.


Some more photographs from Mayfair- a place I am falling in love with. When one is poor one should surround oneself with reminders of wealth. If others live like this- why not us?

Today will be dominated by the General Election- the most important since 1945. I have voted and all I can do is wait and worry. The library I am using while I write this is also a polling station so I see the voters come and go as I write this.

Yesterday- some good news. I repaired my iPhone for £40 leaving funds available for other things. The down side is that I have quite a primitive model (relatively speaking) and so I will have to wait another year for a camera upgrade. The pictures I take still look good to me though.

I work as a security guard right now but I want to be a good one. This involves looking a little less like Jeremy Corbyn and a little more James Bond. I am trying to get a new suit from my employer and they have agreed. The only thing stopping them is bureaucracy but I should have it before Christmas.

Uniforms are a funny business. If I let mine become too worn then I will be seen as tired and unprofessional. It will then be even harder to get a replacement because I will subconsciously be seen as of little worth. If I appear smart I will have no problems. Ultimately the beneficiary is the client because security are often the first contact most people have with the client company.

I woke at 0.45 this morning because I am a morning person and because I wanted to do some housework. I have more energy and cheerfulness before the sun rises. We should all know if we are an owl or a lark and do our most demanding work at these times.

1 comment:

  1. i was just browsing along and came upon your blog. just wanted to say good blog and this article really helped me.

    Acer Swift 3 SF314-52

    ReplyDelete

I moderate the comments for spam but welcome contrary viewpoints.