Tuesday 1 January 2019

Four days in Oxford for £73.

At the damp end of October I took a very cheap holiday.

The main costs were a coach trip from London via Megabus. Three nights discounted stay at Oxford YHA (including breakfast) and some sandwiches during the day.

I received cash back through Top Cash Back on the coach and accommodation (which is free, join through the side-bar to the right) and received a second discount on the accommodation by being a member of the YHA.

My holiday snaps!

I am currently getting into Stoic philosophy, partly because the BBC advised me to remain ignorant. The statue is of Cicero and the painting below illustrates Stoic virtue. The graphiti is included as the sort of thing Morse might understand but I do not.

The highlight was probably Evensong in an unlit and unheated Oxford College (all the gloomy photos). The low point was probably Inner Space that gave me in a guided meditation that put me into a trance I could not fully get out of. I lost as pen and an expensive microphone while in this state.

Total cost excluding beer was £73.
























































































No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate the comments for spam but welcome contrary viewpoints.