Saturday 11 August 2018

How I made Google Tasks a useful thing.


Google Tasks appears at first sight to be a dud- a simple To Do list when the world is full of such things. It is distinctive only because of its lack of gimmicks.  It is neither too complicated nor too simple- and it integrates across platforms.
  • There are Android and iOS apps for Google Tasks and there are also browser extensions for Chrome. This offers a simple choice of lists that jog the memory.
  • Google tasks does not integrate with other Google services- and this is a good thing. There is much to be said for a simple 'shopping list' that cannot be lost.
  • I find it most useful as a jog to the memory. I have simple three word headings that make sense to no one but myself.
I feel more comfortable with Tasks than any other. The secret is to remember it is not a planner. It does not help me make decisions- it simply reminds me of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate the comments for spam but welcome contrary viewpoints.