Saturday 28 July 2018

Half way to Instagram influencer status.

St Pancras station.

When I gave up my job to write I thought my life would be a series of triumphs.

I was wrong.


  • I thought I would spend my days discovering new and exciting ways to live and spend my nights writing about it.
  • Alas, things are not quite that easy. I have put a lot of effort into becoming an Instagram influencer but run into obstacle after obstacle. Nevertheless, I think it is time to tell this story as I have worked out what has been holding me back.
  • An influencer is one who lives a guided life, sampling products and visiting places and being paid to do so. It is a field dominated by women because an attractive woman lends glamour to a brand far more than a man. Nevertheless, men do occasionally make it and I will not give up.
  • Instagram quite rightly has a reputation for destroying mental health and I do not want to be a part of this problem. It presents the viewer with the illusion of perfection. Instagram stars are more beautiful than you or I. They go to cooler places and are richer too.
  • We compare ourselves to this perfection and despair
  • My luxury.frog account is different. 75% is practical ways to live more cheaply than most of us do right now. This is not a bread and water life- it is the pursuit of true value. The remaining 25% will be spending the money saved elsewhere on luxury- but value luxury nonetheless.
  • The reason this will not have a negative effect on mental health is that anyone may live this way. I am not selling an illusion.
Here it is.

https://www.instagram.com/luxury.frog/

Instagram and Blog.

I hope you will join me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate the comments for spam but welcome contrary viewpoints.