Wednesday 8 August 2018

How to use a Kindle Paperwhite to find a job.

Regents Canal

Can we use a Kindle to help us find a job?
  • There is no greater satisfaction than making something cheap do the job of an expensive thing.
  • I generally carry a kindle in my travels so that I have something useful to read in my down time- but i wondered- is there something more I can do with it?
  • I decided to use my Kindle as a mobile showcase that carries all my qualification certificates with me at all times. Placing them in my briefcase is try hard but having them on my Kindle is quite impressive as nobody else seems to have thought of it.
  • The Kindle Paperwhite is designed to be an e-book reader and nothing else. It is robust and relatively cheap and slips in the pocket nicely.
  • I have found a way to turn it into a moderately effective job hunting tool.
  • Start by finding your kindle email address. This may be discovered by resting the finger on the three bar logo on the top right of the screen. Choose Device Options, then Personalise Your Kindle and finally Send-to-Kindle E.mail.
  • Send PDF copies of your certificates to this email address. They will appear magically on the Kindle.
  • Sort into collections, keep all the certificates in their own collection. They display quite nicely.

Kindle Paperwhite

Kindle Paperwhite

This is an interesting toy but will not do the job for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate the comments for spam but welcome contrary viewpoints.