Thursday, 30 March 2017

Cash back holiday one.

I have a mad scheme that I hope will justify spending much of my life on holiday.

This is how it works.

Budget £300.

1. Take three days off work. Book a cheap hotel. It is possible to do this for as little as £20 a night if you follow my advice.

2. Spend money on luxury items only. These are generally available at deep discount through Quidco and other places.

3. Also aim to maximize Avios through  hotels bookings or other means. Six hundred is a demanding but quite possible target for the weekend.

4. Aim to have at least one item by the end of the weekend that will produce an income that was also obtained at a discount.

5. With luck the combination of cash back, Avios and the useful purchase will pay for the holiday.

6. Repeat.

I am currently in the planning process of setting these holidays up but realise that I have achieved the same accidentally. Let us see how I did.

1. I spent the time at home on a weird parapsychology housecleaning experiment.

2. I bought ten rather posh shirts for £225 and received one free of charge. I also earned 900 Avios- comfortably over my target.

3. Does not apply.

4. I will make a modest income from my shirts in two ways. Firstly I can wear white business-casual shirts when about my normal business. This means I will be available for work if I am called in for a night shift as the shirt will be the correct colour. I estimate this will make it possible for me to do one extra shift a month if I wish to do so.

5. Upon these estimates I will pay for the shirts in eight weeks. I am also under budget so buy myself a crate of wine to celebrate.

6. I will do something like this monthly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate the comments for spam but welcome contrary viewpoints.