Prepping may be a very expensive hobby or a cheap one. Simple precautions such as the one above cost nothing.
- Preppers give many reasons for prepping. They may wish to protect their family or any number of other things.
- All of them are true- but this does not fully explain our motivations. I believe most of us prep for the pleasure it gives us. It is a hobby.
- There are two kinds of prepping. There is Glamour Prepping and there is Practical Prepping.
- Glamour Prepping is all about preparing for the sorts of situations that would make a good Hollywood movie. Most of the people we see on Doomsday Preppers are glamour preppers. They prep as a sort of escape from real life and half imagine they would enjoy the collapse when it comes.
- Glamour Prepping costs a lot of money and can frighten people.
- Practical Prepping on the other hand would make a dull TV program. The practical prepper prepares for things that actually happen such as household fires, burglaries and the like. Practical Prepping actually saves money because there is nothing as expensive as an emergency.
- Prepping would make an excellent hobby- camping in the woods and so on. I am about 75% a practical prepper but I also enjoy discussing the collapse of civilization rather as some people enjoy ghost stories.
Today is Friday the 13th. Wooo!