Saturday, 1 March 2014

The Luck Walk.

Why are we all still here?

I have long been in the peculiar situation of not having the means to live and yet somehow I never starve.

This may seem rather odd- where does the money come from if my wages do not cover my expenses? Does the tooth fairy leave money under my pillow? Do mysterious benefactors arrive when I need them most?

Yes.

On one occasion I really did find money under my pillow and on another occasion I was given money by an unknown woman who was grateful that I returned the laptop she had lost.

If fact I believe my situation is quite common. I know many people who worry about money but I have never known someone starve. I will not become mystical about this- nobody is answering my prayers. It is simply that the world is more abundant than we think. Good fortune is the natural result of interacting with the world with a sense of optimism or desperation- either will work.

It is almost impossible to walk through a large city with open eyes without attracting good luck. It may be small change on the pavement, it may be a free sample given out by a street promoter or it may be a glance from a stranger that reminds us that we are still attractive. It is better if we have a definite destination but it is still better to walk randomly than to sit at home.

The mistake some people make is to lock themselves away in jobs they dislike so that fortune never has the chance to find them.

If one wishes to become lucky one must spend time walking around talking to people and simply observing life that surrounds us. Life is movement and movement is money. By surrounding oneself with things that move one is immersing oneself in the living economy.

The more I reduce my hours the more lucky I become. The richest people in the world do not 'work' at all. They spend their days interacting with people. If they talk to the right people then they will have the good luck to work with them and make millions.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate the comments for spam but welcome contrary viewpoints.